Release Notes for ETC 21.1
Welcome to ETC 21.1. This version of the ETC implements several
new features, notably:
- New normalization option: normalize to ABmag in observation band
- Improved sun angle coverage for zodiacal light: now consistent with APT
Under the hood
- Instrument data values have been updated for Cycle 21.1.
This version resolves the following issues for ACS and COS:
- Spectroscopic ETC calculations for extended targets now correctly
estimate the background rate and counts. (This Known Issue was
incorrectly reported as a general, rather than ACS specific, issue.)
- The wavelength range over which the global countrate calculation is
performed is no longer truncated at 3500A for COS NUV
imaging; it now extends to 12000A.
- The COS NUV spectroscopic calculations now correctly take into
account the circular shape of the COS apertures.